Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Art: Ch. 8 + one bad dog

So I found this wonderful app on my Android phone called PicsArt. It does all these cool things and I'm really only beginning to learn. I decided to play around with some adorable little pics of my pup, who has been absolutely wonderful for the past week that I've been glued to my computer working... That is of course, until today... just before I decided to sit down and right this post. 


I was cleaning out the fridge so I had the garbage pail out in the open while I was dumping all the old yucky stuff. I threw a piece of steak in the garbage, turned around to check out another container in the fridge and looked back and noticed some crumbs on the floor. Hmm... now crumbs on the floor, or even just anything gross on the floor like that, does not happen in my house. 

So I go looking for the dog and there she was, inhaling that steak. Half of it was already gone and I managed to pull the other half out of her mouth. So now she is in her cage. :( Too bad cute pup it's for your own good. I really hope she doesn't get sick, that steak had been seasoned pretty heavily in order to make sure my fiance would actually like my cooking for a first... lol jk. He loves when I cook, that means he doesn't have to. 

So on to the artwork... 
I rearranged my office studio and finally found a place and a use for this piece of wood my step-dad gave me. It needed a little altering however and so I decided to try out a transfer technique. Well I actually tried two. I tried to transfer the words "TELL ME A STORY."

 The first technique was done with hairspray. Using a video here. And the second technique I had found online somewhere using water. The water actually worked better than the hairspray. If you look at the picture below the word TELL was done using the hairspray technique, and the rest with water. Either way I like it, I might end up fixing it with a different technique but this is good for now.
Oh and the cute little frames in the bottom two pics are from Michaels. I snagged them for $1 each! I just love them! I haven't put anything in them yet but I plan to. 



The water technique was fairly simple. 

- First I printed the words I wanted to transfer (backwards, so they transfer properly). 
- Second I taped the words down and used a paintbrush to make the paper slightly wet. Don't over-soak it.
- Third using a pen cap I rubbed over where the letters were to make the ink transfer. 

I also created a new painting.
I haven't listed to sell it yet, partially because I really connected with this piece (and no the girl in the painting is not supposed to be me), but also because sometimes I just like to enjoy my pieces before I let them go. I've been really into teal blues lately and I love the mixture of color in this piece paired with the text on the striped paper. This piece brings me inspiration. I dream a lot about becoming successful with my art and this is like a reminder that nothing is impossible.






2 comments:

Kim~Stay Joyful said...

Bad Pup! Lovely office/studio space you have! I need to claim a space other than my closet. ;) The new art work is great, and good inspiration for sure!

Sierra's White Lyme Shoppe said...

Thank you! Right now I get half of it until Robs daughter comes down for the summer and then I'll have to squeeze this some where in my living room lol or in a closet- they're just so full too.

Post a Comment