Monday, March 5, 2012

My Art: Ch.6 + one BUSY Week!

This has been one busy busy week for me. And on top of all the million things to do, I caught the flu from my beloved fiance, who loves to share everything with me :) I think this nasty bug is going around, but I think I was the last of everyone I know to catch it. Today I have finally begun to feel better... except for the aching in my ears which completely throws off my equilibrium and leaves me wandering around in a confused state almost constantly.

So enough with that, here's a new painting I did as a custom order for my cousin and her daughter. I just love how sweet this painting is and the simple quote "you are loved," as requested by my cousin who always tells her daughter this ❤ 




So in between all the sickness and other nasty stuff I managed to take a trip to Narnia a.k.a. my Sister's backyard, Where slobbery dogs and fearless tortoises run freely. I step through the blinds and slider to find this HUGE fella climbing over the approximately 12" high wooden 'fence'. My sister tells me to push him back off the thing but I'm nervous thinking he'll try to bite me so he falls over it and she has to pick him up and put him back :/ eek. 


So now this little pup's name is Nova. She's deaf. and fairly dumb. but I'm sure my perception of her being dumb is not a fair accusation. She is an adorable breed, she just likes to jump and chase you. I didn't get a good picture of her other pup because he was hiding in the shady corner of the yard. He's an English bulldog named Pumba.  

Thursday afternoon I spent a few hours at my mom's helping to prepare for my sister's babyshower. She is 8 months pregnant and still working two jobs. Needless to say after that comment she is having a wonderfully healthy pregnancy. She had found these wonderful DIY paper mobiles from the Creature Comforts Blog that she wanted for decor at her shower. After my sister and I's several failed attempts earlier in the week we decided to resort to Mom's expertise! And of course mom saved the day due to her sewing machine bobbin threading genius and we were able to create the mobiles!

 And after a long busy week, my poor puppy need some play time of her own, so to start the week off right I took her to the dog park this morning and boy did she burn off TONS of energy! She's been laying around the house all day!! (Which is why I've been able to write all this!)



No comments:

Post a Comment