Friday, April 6, 2012

My Art: Ch.9

I have a lot of new art to share. I have been working away slowly but surely on tons of things. First of all I have finally fixed the layout of the artwork above my couch in the living room. I sold the painting "Nerve Traffic" which was the centerpiece and had to rearrange everything.



So without that large beauty in the mix... I came up with something like this....
and yes that black blob in the bottom left corner is my pup. She has to lay on the top of the couch, almost like a cat... she is so weird. But as for the layout, I am totally diggin it. I think it looks wonderful. I was stumped for a while on how to get all these pieces to mesh into a collage and I am happy with the final result. 



Below is the SPLAT series. I wanted to create something a little more simple. I think I have a tendency to overwork just about everything and I really wanted to focus on color and shape. Each print has a quote to sort of 'break up' the background. I couldn't just leave a big splat!!!! It needed something else... and therefore they each say something.


Paint it on your heart that every day is the best day ever.
Say cheese and smile.






Nothing is black and white.
Love is the greatest thing on earth.




Click to view on Etsy

So I realized that I was completely enjoying the old school beats they had blastin on the radio one day coming home from work and started thinking of how funky and vibrant the rap scene was about 20 years ago. (Kinda what Outkast does all the time ;) Any who... I love when Notorious B.I.G. breaks it down in his deep voice and says "I'M GOING going BACK back TO CALI cali" wanted to reminisce a little and create something vibrant and wild. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. 




I'm going back to Cali - Print
close up

And one final thing... 
I am now offering 11" x 14" prints for only $5.00 more! 
I have found an amazing paper supplier out of California who makes the most beautiful canvas paper I have ever seen. I seriously just want to curl up with it and never let it leave my side. It is the greatest thing on Earth, and so is the company who supplies it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment